What’s It Like to Work at Care Navigators?
In a word, rewarding. To you and the families we serve. Every day you get to make a positive difference in someone’s life, whether you are in the field taking care of a client or in the office coordinating our care. We’re a modest-sized company, so you’ll get to know everyone. That helps us build a tight team and creates valuable opportunities to learn new things every day. As care navigators, we help people find a way to a better quality of life.
RN Care Manager / Healthcare Advocate (1)
Responsibilities include traveling to/from clients’ homes and performing thorough health assessments, intervening as needed by applying strong critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and case management strategies to keep each client safe in his/her environment. The RN Care Manager / Healthcare Advocate (“RN Care Manager”) may be expected to perform following tasks with any given client:
- Completion of initial in-home assessment (financial, legal, medical, home safety, caregiver support, cognitive, psychosocial, depression screening) to determine appropriate services and/or a Life Care Plan
- Creation of Life Care Plan (complete written instructions individualized to client — includes medical, legal, financial, home safety, resources in community, placement facilities, referrals for in-home support)
- Crisis management (assistance for out-of-town families; advocacy in emergency situations; guardianship assistance; clinical recommendations/oversight; crisis intervention)
- Advocacy (healthcare advocacy at hospitals, MD appointments, rehab facilities, assisted living facilities)
- Nursing care (wound care; gastrostomy tube feeding; head-to-toe assessment; coordination w/ MDs; home visits)
- Discharge planning (coordination with physicians, insurers, family, and specialists; Care Plan implementation; education for client/family/caregivers; coordination of home care and other in-home services)
- Monthly Monitoring (1-hour visit each week to assist with vitals; trips to MD appointments; mediation with family; education of/communication with caregiver agency staff to ensure Care Plan compliance)
- Medication management/evaluation (evaluation of medications; coordination with MDs for medication adjustments; assistance with Medicare Part D; medication set-up and general management; evaluation of cost-effective strategies for meds)
- Financial assistance (evaluation for entitled community resources; applications for disability; assistance with and appeals of Explanation of Benefits; assistance with paying bills; public aid application assistance/filing)
- Coordination of home care services (home care setup and ongoing home care management, coordination, and education)
- Senior housing placement/relocation (assistance with assessing senior housing placement options; recommendations for services to downsize items and enlist movers; tours of residential facilities)
- Durable medical equipment (home safety evaluation and arrangement of DME)
Counseling (individual and family counseling and mediation; crisis intervention and support)
- Advance directives
- Referrals (all services – skilled home care, non-skilled home care, durable medical equipment, counseling, MDs, rehabs, dietitians, housing, legal and financial services)
RN with a Bachelors’ degree (at minimum) and case management experience
Full-time employment preferred; possibility of PRN or part-time employment
Compensation / Benefits
Care Navigators offers a competitive salary, a professional working environment, a flexible schedule, opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits (health insurance, IRA, etc.), and – for the full-time RN Care Manager position – a sign-on bonus.
Interested, qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to email@example.com.